Commercial and Fleet Refinishing Prepper
We are currently looking to fill a position for commercial & fleet refinishing prepper at our Calgary facility.
Fleet Works is a repair and paint facility specializing in fleet vehicles, commercial vehicles, and specialized equipment. We offer collision repair, auto body, refinishing, frame repairs, abrasive media blasting, other repair, and installation services to our business customers in the Southern Alberta area. We have moved into our new larger facility, and are looking for quality people to grow with us.
- Completion of assignments for the preparation of projects for refinishing following the company guidelines, supplier specifications, and customer requirements.
- Tasks include cleaning, sanding, masking, minor disassembly, minor bodywork and paint repair, set up for paint, unmasking, reassembly, etc.
- Supply basic tools required for completion of the tasks. The company supplies specialized tools.
- Be organized and complete the tasks of the assigned project.
- Make a conscious effort for the completion of tasks according to the schedule set out which may require the need to work overtime.
- Maintain a good work attitude and cooperate with managers and fellow employees in a positive spirit of teamwork.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- This is an entry level to mid-level position.
- Eligible to enroll in the auto body repair apprenticeship program or prior enrollment would be ideal.
- Prior experience prepping in a fleet vehicle and commercial equipment environment or other autobody work would be beneficial.
- Be able to work independently without constant supervision within a team environment.
Position Characteristics and Workplace Factors:
- General Physical Skills Carrying, Lifting – 50 lbs, Squatting, Kneeling, Pushing, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Reaching, Pulling extensively
- Exposure to the following elements:
- Dirt, Dust
- Chemicals / Toxins
- Heat / Cold
To Apply, Send Resume by:
• email: Use our contact form
• fax: 403-236-9360
• mail: 9230 51 Street SE, Calgary, AB T2C 2R4